Chocolate poisoning in dogs 

Page image

Chocolate is the most common toxin eaten by dogs. It can cause vomiting and diarrhoea, a high heart rate, panting, restlessness, tremors and agitation and the consequences can be severe if left untreated. Find out more about the symptoms of chocolate poisoning here:

http://www.vets-now.com/pet-owners/dog-care-advice/dog-eaten-chocolate/

So your dog has eaten chocolate? Find out using this simple app whether the amount is likely to be harmful:

https://www.vets-now.com/dog-chocolate-toxicity-calculator/

Thanks to our Out Of Hours partner, Vets Now for this information and video. We hope you'll find it useful but please give us a call if your dog has eaten chocolate and we can advise on a case by case basis.

67 Station RoadWoburn SandsMK17 8SH01908 282101find us
Our practice
Emergencies
Our services
Make an appointment
Registration
Latest News
Please take some time to review our privacy policy. By continuing to use our site, you are accepting this Policy.